Observations from the Sun-Sentinel:
"- Vernon Carey participated in the practice after leaving Saturday's game late in the first quarter with a right knee injury.Observations from the Miami Herald:
- Backup left tackle, rookie Julius Wilson, who filled in for Carey Saturday, was also taking some snaps with the first unit Monday.
- Injured linebacker Joey Porter (knee), who said he hopes to be ready by the regular-season opener on Sept. 9, joined the stationery bicycle brigade Monday.
- Receiver Marty Booker (knee) was back on the practice field after missing the last three practices and Saturday's exhibition opener.
- Linebacker Jim Maxwell, who sat out some of Saturday's game with cramps, practiced.
- Also missing in action was rookie running back Lorenzo Booker..."He's across the state [in Bradenton] witnessing the birth of his child,'' Cameron said.
- Joining Ginn on punt-return duty was receiver Az-Zahir Hakim and cornerback Travis Daniels. Zahir-Hakim was more involved in passing drills than usual, and hooked up a couple of times with Green on downfield passing routes."
"- Tackle L.J. Shelton continued to work with the third team but made some blocks during running drills with Gibran Hamdan at quarterback.Observations from the Palm Beach Post:
- The first-team line had a long day going against Jason Taylor and Vonnie Holliday; Tight ends Justin Peelle and David Martin both had trouble hanging on to passes delivered by Trent Green."
"- Rex Hadnot is lining up with the first team, even though the depth chart lists him as a second-teamer.
- Brandon Fields is booming the punts downfield again today, following his nice game on Saturday. He needs to improve his release time, but Fields looks good.
- Jay Feely just punted — yes, punted — the ball 60+ yards. Jack of all trades.
- [Trent Green] looks a lot more accurate today than he did Saturday and in previous practices."