Observations from the Sun-Sentinel (1), (2), (3):
"- Strong safety Yeremiah Bell (hip pointer) and David Martin (groin) returned to practice Monday.Observations from the Miami Herald:
- [Alabi] hurt his knee and limped off to the sidelines where trainers worked on him. A few minutes later, he was walking - very slowly to the locker room. It did not look good...Alabi was on the bike during afternoon practice, signaling that his injury during the morning session may not be too serious. Tackle Mike Rosenthal showed up 40 minutes into the afternoon session to work on the bike as well, joining constant bike-dwellers Joe Toledo and Andre' Goodman.
- Running back Ronnie Brown was away at a funeral, so the rest of the running backs got a big workout. Running backs Jesse Chatman and Patrick Cobbs looked very good. Cobbs had great speed and faked the linebackers out of their cleats on a few plays.
- Running back Lorenzo Booker, still returning punts after his futile efforts in rookie camp, looks like he's improving.
- [Abraham Wright] looks lost when he's in pass coverage."
"- Cameron said they discovered Monday that 270-pound fullback Reagan Mauia can play tailback in a pinch, and the Dolphins will play him there sometimes in the preseason.Observations from the Palm Beach Post (1), (2):
-...there was too much leakage in the pass protection Monday morning. Confusion reigned, possibly because of how offensive linemen were being shifted around."
"- John Denney’s snaps are not as accurate as you would want.
- K Jay Feely could make things interesting this season with his ability to onside kick. Feely is quite adept at giving the impression he’s kicking off and making a split-second adjustment and instead kicking the ball onside. Feely hits the ball with pinpoint trajectory and distance, allowing the kicking team to arrive as the ball does.
- TE David Martin excelled during third-down situational drills.
- John Beck continues to make some impressive throws. The rookie’s release and accuracy can be something to behold. He holds onto the ball a bit at times, but I can’t wait to see how Beck performs during the pre-season."