Observations from the Sun-Sentinel (1), (2):
"- Receiver Az-Zahir Hakim did not practice. Cameron said he's treating some veterans, including Hakim and defensive tackle Keith Traylor, to only one practice a day.Observations from the Miami Herald (1), (2):
- I can't even count how many times Shirdonya Mitchell has been beaten in practice.
- Jesse Chatman looks good catching swing passes out of the backfield.
- It was a light morning for John Beck, but his throws in mechanics drills were crisp and pinpoint for the most part."
"- Joey Porter looked awfully good in team drills for a guy still learning the system, whether rushing the passer or being in position on the run.Observations from the Palm Beach Post (1), (2):
- The defensive backs couldn't seem to hold on to potential interceptions -- even in the interception drill. It demonstrated why they had five interceptions as a unit last season.
- Trent Green threw some solid passes Thursday morning.
- Defensive lineman Rodrique Wright...had dynamic team drills as far as rushing the passer.
- Early in team drills the first team offense found absolutely no running room against the first team defense."
"- RG Mormino and RT Alabi continue to line up with the first-teamers, with Hadnot and Shelton on the second team. Cleo Lemon lines up with the second team, John Beck with the third.
- Lorenzo Booker is lining up with the third team, but that might not last long. Guy is having a great camp so far, making tacklers miss left and right.
- Rookie FB Reagan Mauia has really quick feet, especially for a 270-pound dude. But he hasn’t done much to get noticed during training camp.
- S Yeremiah Bell is fun to watch. He has a nose for the ball and impressive range. He’s going to make more plays than anyone on defense, other than Jason Taylor.
- Crowder is all over the field today. He seems to have really improved his pass coverage.
- Beck has another nice day. The guy looks like the team’s best QB the past couple of days. Granted, Beck is torching the second- and third-team defense. But he’s making throws no other Dolphin can.
- Call me crazy, but Chatman looks as good as RB than Brown right now. He’s more explosive and makes better cuts, which Cameron’s offense requires."