Observations from the Sun-Sentinel (1), (2):
"- After stretches in Davie on Tuesday, a lot of Miami Dolphins veterans, especially high-profile ones, took off into the locker room to rest for the night practice, turning the morning's practice into a glorified rookie camp.Observations from the Miami Herald (1), (2):
- There were lots of special team drills. Running backs and receivers practiced open-field blocking -- the kind you do on punt returns -- and everyone seemed pretty good at it. The Dolphins' wedge looks good on punt returns.
- ...it appears that John Beck has the best arm of all the quarterbacks. For the record, in my mind best doesn't mean strongest. Beck has a quick release and is very accurate. I saw that early on and have been watching it to make sure my assessment is accurate, and I believe it is. Very quick release!"
"- [Marty] Booker also took warmup snaps with the other four quarterbacks. Might Booker -- a former high school quarterback -- be utilized more this season as a passer? It appears possible.Observations from the Palm Beach Post (1), (2):
- ...cornerback Will Allen has gotten off to a quick start. He has had a few nice interceptions, and his coverage has been solid.
- [Kerry] Reed, an undrafted rookie who grew up in Homestead, has shown some nice hands so far during camp.
- Some plays, wide receiver Derek Hagan makes brilliant, acrobatic catches that look like impossible receptions. Other times, he drops easy passes."
"- Lorenzo Booker just took a dump pass and made eight guys miss. It looked like he was playing flag football against guys built like me. He runs with the ball like he’s on skates.
- [Andre'] Goodman continues a long, tedious rehab from two off-season surgeries on his left shoulder."