According to the official team site, T Marion Dukes has decided to leave the Dolphins and return to Clemson University in order to finish his college degree.
Observations from the Sun-Sentinel:
"- Brandon Fields and Ryan Flinn traded off punting to a whole stable of returners. Ginn was among them, but so were running back Lorenzo Booker, defensive back Travis Daniels and wide receivers Marty Booker, Chris Chambers and Az-Zahir Hakim.Observations from the Palm Beach Post (1), (2):
- Wide receiver Kerry Reed had a great catch in traffic from quarterback John Beck as the two continued to show the chemistry they displayed throughout rookie camp.
- It is not an apocalypse, but wide receiver Ted Ginn Jr. looked a little tired today at Miami Dolphins training camp. He was often on one knee and looked like he was struggling to adjust to the heat in Davie. It is his first day in camp and he is not used to the heat so much shouldn't be made of it for now."
"- Andre Goodman, Joe Toledo and Kyle Eckel are not practicing.
- You can forget about Ronnie Brown’s weight being a possible problem. He looks extremely trim and is in great shape.
- QB snaps were taken in this order: Trent Green, Cleo Lemon, John Beck, Gibran Hamdan
- Drew Mormino lined up at starting RG and Anthony Alabi at RT, while Rex Hadnot and L.J. Shelton worked with the second team. Between sessions, Hadnot said coaches want to take a look at different O-line combinations.
- CBs Jason Allen and Michael Lehan worked as the primary gunners on the punt team.
- New LB Joey Porter looks to be heavily involved in the team’s pass coverage schemes. Everyone knows Porter was the top pass rusher in Pittsburgh, but he also was one of the league’s best cover LBs.
- DT Keith Traylor, who turns 38 on Sept. 3, is on the bike - his usual routine in the afternoon of two-a-days. It’s no surprise the Dolphins want to keep the 16-year vet fresh. FB Kyle Eckel (hamstring) and G Joe Toledo (foot) joined him on the cycles.
- Rookie QB John Beck is late on just about every throw.
- Rookie RB Lorenzo Booker could be a terrific receiver out of the backfield. No LB matched with him had a chance.
- Green gets rid of the ball so quickly, Dolphins receivers better be where they need to be. Lemon sometimes hops around too much while he decides where to throw. Beck has a lot to learn. He holds onto the ball for a long time."