- DE Randy Starks was excused from both practices today. He is expected to be present tomorrow. DE Jason Taylor and CB Michael Lehan (ankle) also missed the practices.
- K Dave Rayner was released.
- QB Josh McCown started out practice with the first team. John Beck worked with the second team and Chad Henne with the third. Henne looked the best out of the three. Beck took quite a few would-be sacks, while McCown fumbled several center exchanges which led to him being pulled from his reps at one point.
- As a whole, the receivers looked bad, dropping far too many balls, including presumptive starter Ernest Wilford. WR Greg Camarillo (he of 2008's season-saving catch and run) was working with the third team. WR Selwyn Lymon is also getting some work at TE.
- Quentin Moses worked as an outside linebacker.
- CB Will Allen continued his very strong play from last season. CB Scorpio Babers, on the other hand, was continually beat like a rented mule. Joey Thomas and Nate Jones filled in for Michael Lehan as the nickel back.
- The offense features a lot of two tight end sets.
- RB Ricky Williams has had no problem beating everyone to the outside on sweeps and is looking very impressive. RB Jalen Parmele is taking most of the second team reps with Ronnie Brown still sidelined.
- P Brandon Fields has been getting work on kickoffs.