Frankly, I think it's been needlessly blown out of proportion by Parcells' snubbing of Jason and Tony Sparano's misleading statements at his OTA press conference. Jason talked to the media today, and he's what we know for sure:
- Jason wants to play in the NFL for one more season. He will not retire this year.
- Jason is open to a trade to a contender, and if he had his way he would like to be traded.
- If he isn't traded, he is still open to playing for the Miami Dolphins this season.
- Jason will not attend the team's next mandatory minicamp because of his brother's graduation and a legal matter.
- It is still uncertain whether Jason will report to training camp.