The rest of the QB depth chart is still a mystery, although Chad Henne is certain to make the team. The futures of John Beck and Josh McCown are up in the air at this point.
The team also announced that it signed former Rutgers G Pedro Sosa.
Sosa, 24, was a four-year letterman for the Scarlet Knights from 2004-07 and was second-team All-Big East as a junior and a senior.Notes from practice:
Heading into the 2008 NFL Draft, Sosa was projected to be picked in the middle rounds, but a knee injury prevented him from participating in the NFL Combine as he had surgery afterwards to repair his patellar tendon. The Dolphins initially worked him out at the beginning of July but his conditioning was not up to par at the time so they passed on signing him. The team stayed in touch with him, even though he worked out for two or three other teams, and he lined up at right guard on the practice field.
- Joey Thomas did not practice because he has a lingering headache from the hit he took in the game on Saturday.
- Joey Porter stretched with the team, but then left the field to see a doctor about his back.
- Edmond Miles returned to practice after suffering a knee injury in the game.
- The coaches have been experimenting with Phillip Merling at OLB in order to gain added roster flexibility.
- Chris Crocker continues to start at FS ahead of Jason Allen.
- Sparano confirmed that both Anthony Fasano and David Martin have locked up spots on the 53-man roster. (Link)