The Palm Beach Post is posting live updates concerning today's minicamp. Here's the most important information to know:
First Team Offense
QB Cleo Lemon RB Ronnie Brown FB Cory Schlesinger
TE David Martin WR Chris Chambers WR Marty Booker
LT Vernon Carey LG Drew Mormino C Samson Satele RG Rex Hadnot RT L.J. Shelton
Second Team Offense
QB Trent Green RB Lorenzo Booker FB Reagan Mauia
TE Justin Peelle WR Derek Hagan WR Kelly Campbell
LT Tala Esera LG Chris Liwienski C Johnathan Ingram RG Dan Stevenson RT Julius Wilson
(QB Daunte Culpepper was on the field and doing drills on the side. However, in the middle of throwing, he was escorted off the field by the team's head of security. There's been no word yet, but that probably means a trade has been worked out or he has been released. Stay tuned for updates.)
* RB Patrick Cobbs is working with the third-team.
First Team Defense (Nickel Package)
DE Jason Taylor DT Vonnie Holliday DT Rodrique Wright DE Matt Roth
LB Zach Thomas LB Joey Porter
S Renaldo Hill CB Will Allen CB Travis Daniels CB Will Allen S Yeremiah Bell
Second Team Defense
DE Rodrique Wright DT Paul Soliai DT Fred Evans DE Abraham Wright
(DT Keith Traylor started the practice on the sideline, but later joined the first-team, substituting for Wright. LB Derrick Pope substituted with Zach Thomas for some drills.)
* G Joe Toledo (foot), T Anthony Alabi (knee), and CB Andre' Goodman (shoulder) are out. Cam Cameron has said that Toledo requires surgery to repair a broken bone in his foot. There is currently no timetable for his return. It is looking more and more likely that Toledo is turning into the Will Poole of the offensive line - lots of upside and talent, but never healthy enough to stay on the field and show it. Alabi is expected to be healthy by the start of training camp.
* WR Ted Ginn is on the field practicing. He is wearing a regular jersey as opposed to a cautionary red one. He has a bit of a limp, but that's probably to be expected at this point. He is the starting punt-returner during drills. Punts are being taken in this order: Ted Ginn, Az-Zahir Hakim, Marty Booker, Lorenzo Booker, Travis Daniels, Kelly Campbell, and Chris Chambers. Cameron said that Ginn is over 90% recovered from his sprained foot.
* After being told that he would only receive reps during one-on-one drills, Culpepper left the field of his own volition, choosing instead to use the weight room. He said he would not participate in any more of the team's minicamp activities, and will instead work out in the weight room to get stronger.
* Despite a rumor that Culpepper had been traded to the Jaguars, he said that he will refuse to restructure his contract and thus essentially block any trade from occurring unless another team is willing to take on his existing contract. Here's a quote from Daunte:
“I am going to force them to release me because I will not be traded. My mind’s not going to change about this. I’m not going to agree to be traded. All I’m going to say to any team that’s interested in my services, just sit tight. Because I’m not going to agree to a trade."* According to PFT, Adam Schefter of the NFL Network says that Culpepper won't be released this weekend or "anytime soon," but a trade could happen at any time.