Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Drew waived; Garner promoted

TE Davon Drew, who was picked up on waivers from the Ravens just a few days ago, was waived/injured with ankle issues.

In his place, the team promoted T Nate Garner from the practice squad, giving the team the more conventional nine offensive linemen.

To take Garner's spot on the practice squad, the team signed TE Kory Sperry.

Sperry is a rookie out of Colorado State who spent training camp with the Chargers. Here is SI.com's analysis of him:

Sperry is one of the better pass catchers in this years tight end class. His lack of speed as well as his prior injury will send up red flags gets. Sperry could make an NFL roster as a third tight end for an offense which consistently puts him in motion prior to the snap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that singular brand. The prices seeking the velcros were around 230 bucks on every site. But for all I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you tell me about these?