Monday, September 3, 2007

Let's See How I Did: Roster Prediction

Back on July 28, I predicted what the 53-man roster would look like at this time. You can see my full predicted depth chart here.

I am only going to consider the 53-man roster that Miami had directly after the preseason, since that does not include the new additions the team has made since then. I was only concerning myself with the players that were already on the team.

So, without further ado, let's take a look at how I did:

Here are the players that I incorrectly predicted would make the team:
  • FB Cory Schlesinger
  • WR Az-Zahir Hakim
  • TE Courtney Anderson
  • DT Kevin Vickerson
  • CB Shirdonya Mitchell
  • T Mike Rosenthal (placed on IR)
Here are the players that I incorrectly left off the roster:
  • RB Patrick Cobbs (I had him on the practice squad)
  • FB Reagan Mauia (I had him on the practice squad)
  • WR Kerry Reed
  • DT Steve Fifita
  • LB Edmond Miles
  • CB Michael Lehan
  • S Courtney Bryan
Overall, I correctly predicted 47 of the 53 (89%) players to make the roster. Of the remaining 6 players, I predicted that 2 of them would make the practice squad.

Not too shabby for a first attempt. Of course, since the initial cuts, the bottom of the roster has already been in flux with players being placed on IR and others being awarded off of waivers. Still, it was a fun exercise to try my hand at evaluating the roster.

No comments: