Here's how Miami's slate of games looks:
|1||Sun., Sept. 12||at Buffalo Bills||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|2||Sun., Sept. 19||at||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|3||Sun., Sept. 26||NEW YORK JETS||NBC||8:20 p.m.|
|4||Mon., Oct 4||NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS||ESPN||8:30 p.m.|
|6||Sun., Oct. 17||at||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|7||Sun., Oct. 24||PITTSBURGH STEELERS||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|8||Sun., Oct. 31||at||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|9||Sun., Nov. 7||at Baltimore||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|10||Sun., Nov. 14||TENNESSEE TITANS||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|11||Thurs., Nov. 18||CHICAGO BEARS||NFLN||8:20 p.m.|
|12||Sun., Nov. 28||at||CBS||4:05 p.m.|
|13||Sun., Dec. 5||CLEVELAND BROWNS||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|14||Sun., Dec. 12||at||CBS||4:15 p.m.|
|15||Sun., Dec. 19||BUFFALO BILLS||CBS||1:00 p.m.|
|16||Sun., Dec. 26||DETROIT LIONS||FOX||1:00 p.m.|
|17||Sun., Jan. 2||at||CBS||1:00 p.m|
A few thoughts:
- I really don't see how anyone could complain about this schedule. It seems eminently fair to me.
- Gotta love opening against Buffalo. Never mind that it's on the road. That's a game that, if Miami is to be believed as a legitimate playoff team, they must take.
- The bye is a bit early, and it's odd that Miami will have already played half of its division games by Week 5.
- But man oh man are those two early prime time division games tasty or what?! The Jets and Patriots at home in consecutive weeks in front of a national audience! The Dolphins are going to have a prime opportunity to make a statement right out of the gates. (Oh yeah, and Santonio Holmes will be suspended for that first game against Miami.)
- I doubt he'll get an eight game suspension, but if he does, Miami would miss facing off against Ben Roethlisberger as well.
- The last two months of the season really seem to have some pretty winnable games. Hopefully they won't have fallen into a hole, but if they have, Miami will have a good opportunity to get back in the thick of things come November.