Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Miami's RFAs get tendered

When I wrote about how I would approach Miami's restricted free agents yesterday, I left off Ronnie Brown because I mistakenly thought that the team had or was going to pick up the option in his contract for this year. They did not and instead tendered him at the first-round level. At that level he will earn $3.97 million in 2010, assuming he is not traded and signs the tender. At that price, he's an absolute steal for one more year.

But I nailed the other two RFAs on the head.

The Dolphins tendered both TE Anthony Fasano and OLB Quentin Moses at original round levels, meaning they will both earn $1.18 million in 2010. If Fasano is traded, Miami will be compensated with a second round draft pick. If Moses is traded, Miami will get a third round draft pick.

No comments: