Friday, September 19, 2008

Joey Porter = Rick James?

Let me go back for a second and lay out Joey Porter's comments over the past two days.

WEDNESDAY (on how Matt Cassel compares to Tom Brady)
I just know he's not a Tom Brady. So if it's not Tom Brady, it shouldn't be that hard. . . He's only had one start in the NFL. Take that for what it's worth. He won it, but if you compare him to Brady, there's no comparison.
THURSDAY (attempting to clarify his comments from Wed.)
You all took my quote around and turned it into something else. What questions you all going to ask me today that you're just going to make sound different?
...followed immediately by:
Same thing I said the other day, he's no Tom Brady. That was documented.
After hearing Joey Porter's comments on Wednesday about Matt Cassel and his claim on Thursday that they were taken out of context followed immediately by him restating his Wednesday remarks, I couldn't shake the notion that Joey Porter sounds a lot like Rick James.

See for yourself (particularly 1:14 - 1:47): Link

No comments: