Julius Wilson was cut because he didn't pass his conditioning test when he reported to training camp on Friday. That's also what got Dan Gore shown the door according to the players. Sparano threatened the team that anyone who didn't pass their re-check (combine type drills that need to be completed under a certain time based on position) would get the ax.
- Ike Ndukwe is now working as a backup tackle.
- Derek Hagan is still catching passes with his body from time to time.
- Nathan Jones broke up several plays in 7-0n-7 drills.
- Jalen Parmele and Lex Hilliard showed the ability to catch out of the backfield while Reagan Mauia struggled in that area. Boomer Grigsby displayed good hands.
- Brandon Fields was booming his kicks.
- Charlie Anderson and Quentin Moses worked as the starting OLBs. Junior Glymph looked very slow.
- Courtney Bryan is aheaBlogger: Phinaticism - Edit Post "7/26/08 Saturday Afternoon Camp Reports"d of Chris Crocker on the depth chart right now.
- Steve McKinney did not practice.
- Joey Porter was not placed on the PUP list, but rather on the non-football injury list.
- Chad Henne did take part in the afternoon session.
- Josh McCown throws a good deep ball. John Beck is still sailing some of his throws. Henne looked rusty.